Get Help


FoodShare, the Wisconsin name for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, Food Stamps or Quest) can help families through rough patches by providing the money they need to buy food.

When we hit tough times, many of us have friends and family to help us through, and we’ve helped others in their times of need. For some, that support isn’t always there and everybody needs a helping hand sometimes.

FoodShare is a way for Wisconsin families to get some help through tough times they may be facing. We all pay taxes, and like unemployment benefits or social security, FoodShare is a benefit that helps to keep people afloat until they can get back on their feet for their own Wisconsin comeback.

To learn more about the program and find out whether you are eligible, please visit or call our FoodShare Helpline at 1-877-366-3635.


211 provides well-trained, welcoming operators working 24-hours a day to connect you to the services you need, be it food, energy assistance, housing, or financial services.

To ensure that you have access to the most up to date, comprehensive help possible, please use the list we have provided on this page to contact the local 211 in your area.

Find the county in which you live and visit their website to search for local community resources or call the associated number to connect directly with your local 211 call center. If any of these links are not working, please simply call 211 to be connected to a person who can help you at any time of the day.

Brown, Door, and Kewaunee County

Brown County United Way

211 or 877-847-2211

Douglas County

Duluth United Way 

211 or 800-543-7709

Calumet, Fond du Lac, Green Lake, Manitowoc, Marquette, Outagamie, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago, and Sheboygan County

Fox Cities United Way

211 or 800-924-5514

Polk, Pierce and St. Croix County

Greater Twin Cities United Way 

211 or 800-543-7709 or 651-297-0211

Buffalo, Chippewa, Crawford, Dunn, Eau Claire, Grant, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Vernon, Pepin, Richland, and Trempealeau County

Great Rivers 211 

211 or 800-362-8255

Dodge, Jefferson, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, and Waukesha County


211 or 866-211-3380

Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage and Vilas County

Marathon County United Way 

211 or 800-922-5590 or 715-848-2255

Columbia, Dane, Green, Iowa, La Fayette, Rock, and Sauk County

United Way of Dane County 

211 or 608-246-4357

Ashland, Adams, Bayfield, Barron, Burnett, Clark, Iron, Juneau, Price, Rusk, Sawyer, Taylor, Washburn, and Wood County

United Way of Inner Wisconsin and Marshfield Area United Way 

211 or 877-384-5565 or 715-423-0211